April 27, 2015
Follow these simple steps to get your SCiO up and running.
Ready to get started?
Follow these simple steps to get started scanning with your new SCiO Sensor.
- Charge your SCiO Sensor completely until the back charging LED turns green.
- Download and install SCiO Lab on your smartphone from the App Store/Google Play.
- Log in to SCiO Lab Mobile using your Consumer Physics account. Your password was sent to you previously by email. If you can’t find your password email, simply select Forgot Password to reset it.
NOTE: Your SCiO Lab account was created by Consumer Physics based on the email you provided during you pre-order. If you no longer have access to that email account, contact us at email@example.com to reset your account.
- Once fully charged, turn on your SCiO Sensor by holding the illumination ring for at least 1 second, until it flashes blue.
- Place your SCiO Sensor within arm’s reach of your smartphone, select the red (x) icon on the top right hand side of the screen and select your SCiO from the list. The SCiO illumination ring will turn blue, indicating that SCiO and your phone are now synced.
- Before you make your first scan, SCiO will require calibration. Place your SCiO with the optical head down into SCiO cover and follow the on screen instructions within SCiO Lab Mobile for first calibration.
- To create your first scan, tap on one of the default collections (Hard Cheese or Start Here) and then tap the New Sample button on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Your first scan will be added into that data collection.
- To add a new Data Collection, access SCiO Lab using a web browser from your laptop or desktop: sciolab.consumerphysics.com
- Once you have added your own data collection, you’ll be ready to start scanning into your new collection using your SCiO.