Developer Terms and Conditions The Development Hardware Transmittance mode for liquid samples

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Q1: How to calibrate the transmittance device?

Q2: How to use it to detect the liquid samples?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi Yannick,

1. SCiO should be calibrated using its cover, as always.

2. You can dip SCiO into the liquid while it is covered with the accessory, make sure you fill the liquid up to the mark.

Let us know if you need anymore help.

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics team

Hi Ayelet,

I have an application which requires measuring sugar content such as the brix scale during fermentation. I had been communicating with Miriam regarding the liquid attachment, but she has just come back and said there are problems, so it will not be available now. I was going to use this as a starting point, but the end application will require the SCiO to be enclosed in a liquid proof vessel and emersed in the liquid. Miriam recommended glass over plastic. We are fine with fabricating the vessel ourselves, but I am trying to get any help possible on how far the SCiO needs to sit from the outer transparent wall and if it needs any special focusing, and any other thoughts you may have.

Thanks Much,

Leigh

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi Leigh,

The liquid accessory is indeed not available yet, but will be in the near future.

As for self fabrication of a liquid accessory: SCiO needs to be in contact with the optical window so you should make sure there’s no direct illumination from the illumination source to the spectrometer. No focusing is needed. You will also need some kind of a reflector to make sure the light comes back to the sensor.

Ayelet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.