Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hagai
    Keymaster

Check out the typical workflow with the SDK in this blog post and in this video.

jack
    Participant

Hagai   – the link to the blog post is dead !

Hagai
    Keymaster

Oops  :wacko:

Fixed.

Thanks Jack!

pdiggs1500
    Participant

I was wondering if the SCiO lab is mandatory?   Is it possible to send the gathered data to my own analytical processing applications within the cloud? and then send this information back to the my mobile app?

The lab is required, but in the lab is an option to export the data to a spreadsheet.  This data can then be analyzed using what ever you want to use.

As far as retrieving data, sending to the cloud, processing the new results, potentially sending to the cloud for further processing, then getting the result back to send to the user, good question?

Could you please provide more details on how to export the data from the SCiO Lab?  I have tried looking for the option to do so, but have not yet found it.  Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you for the blog and video.  They were very informative.

At the end of the video it states that applications can be developed that can utilize models created by me, Consumer Physics, or by the developer community.  I am very interested in the ability to use models generated by others.  Currently, I have only seen the “Hard Cheese” model from Consumer Physics.  For models from Consumer Physics,

1)  Are there more models available from Consumer Physics?  A library of such models would be very helpful.  If so, could you please provide details on where to find them?

2)  Will there be more models released in the future?  If so, is there a list of planned models and a schedule?  Even an estimated number of new models per month/year would be useful.

For models from the developer community,

1)  We have been unable to determine what developer models are available or how to access them.  Could you please provide details?

2)  Is there, or will there be, a repository where developers can place their models for others to use, validate, and possibly add to or improve upon?

3)  Exactly how can these models be shared?  Is it necessary to create an application that somehow accesses the other developer’s models?  Or can the models and or scans, be transferred from one account to another in the SCiO Lab?

Additional models,

1)  Are there any third-party sources for models?  Being able to pay for access to a large library of tested, accurate models could be very useful.  If this exists, could you please provide details on these sources and, if possible, what models they can provide?

2)  Is it possible for a developer to create a library of models that could then be shared with others, without the need for creating an application?  If not, is there a plan for allowing this?

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Dear Mike,

a. CP models

1. SCiO consumer app will offer:

– A number of food nutrition analysis applets, for example analyzing the nutritional values and macronutrients of dairy products.

– Identification applets, such as the ability to identify and analyze pills.

– An application that allows you to work with the spectrometer by collecting material data and building analysis applets for your own materials.

– 2 2.  After SCiO consumer app is released (within Q1-Q2 this year), new applications will be developed and released regularly. Some of the applications planned for development include an evaluation of produce, sugar and ethanol content in drinks and the macronutrients of raw meat. At the same time, we will continue to broaden our existing application databases, such as increasing the number of pills (which already stands at +/- 250 OTC pills). Additional applications are also under research, such as ones for breads and body fat percentage.

b. Developer community models

1+2.  Any SCiO developer that has purchased the development kit is provided access to a cloud-based environment that allows you to protect your database. 

The various samples you collect for application development are your proprietary data. Any SCiO developer that has purchased the development kit is provided access to a cloud-based environment that allows you to protect your database.

3. Therefore, in order to share your models with others, a corresponding application must be developed and released to the public via App store or Google store.

Copying data collections from one user account of SCiO lab to another is possible. We can do so at your request, so that you can collaborate with your colleagues as you wish.

c. Additional models

1. DietSensor is an application developed by one of our partners. For additional information you may visit http://www.dietsensor.com or contact DietSensor at info@dietsensor.com

Other applications of third-party sources are under development at these days.

Additional information may be shared in the future once the applications officially launch and are widely available to the public.

2. See point b.1+2.

-=-

Regards,

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics Team

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Ayelet.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Ayelet.
    Omar Stradella
    Keymaster

Ayelet,

Are you sure that you want to release an app to identify pills? Without a % confidence for the prediction it would be very dangerous because a pill not in your database will still be classified as one in the database. Even with a % confidence I would probably not rely on the app to tell me if an unknown pill is one of the ones in the database. I would stay clear of any medical apps if I were you, even with disclaimers, we don’t want you to get sued.

You said: “3. Therefore, in order to share your models with others, a corresponding application must be developed and released to the public via App store or Google store.” But I think I remembered that you said during the campaign that we there would be 2 ways to create apps. One is via the SDK and the iOS App and Google stores, but the other way was going to be as  an “app inside your app”. Have the plans for this been scratched?

Thanks,

Omar 

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi Omar,

We do have legal disclaimers related to this field (though they are currently not shown in the beta app). SCiO is not a medical device and should not be used as one.

By the way, we should mention that % confidence value is in our road map and will be available for developers in the near future via SCiO lab and the mobile SDK.

As for publishing applications, you are right. Adding “apps inside our app” is definitely in our road map.

Developers will be able to publish their applications either on their own mobile app (using the mobile SDK code packages)  or by using Consumer Physics platform.

Regards,

Ayelet

Could you please provide more details on how to export the data from the SCiO Lab? I have tried looking for the option to do so, but have not yet found it. Your assistance would be appreciated.

I would love to export data from sciolab, can anyone explain us how to do it?

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi,

Exporting the raw spectrum requires Researcher account.

If you would like to upgrade, please contact us at: support@consumerphysics.com and we will provide you with further details.

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.