Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ruby Boyarski
    Participant

Hi,

We are trying to build a simple sugar percentage model for a tomato.

We’ve noticed that the lab app requires to enter the attribute values before scanning the vegetable. At this point we don’t know the sugar level, thus we have entered a dummy number (1) and only after the scan we’ve taken the tomato to a lab and updated the actual values.

Is that the right process or are we missing something in the way we’re building models?

Thanks,

Ruby

rejsharp
    Participant

That is exactly what I would do!
    Remember to scan each tomato three or four times in different places, as the light penetrates a bit and the inside of a tomato is complicated.
    If you have a refractometer you could measure the brix value of juice (it should work, even given the cloudiness).
    I hope you like tomato soup!

Ruby Boyarski
    Participant

Thanks for answering! 🙂

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi Ruby,

This is a correct workflow.

SCiO Lab allows you to insert the values either before the scanning process or retroactively. The final results are identical.

Ayelet

skaz
    Participant

Ruby, I am doing a similar thing with oranges, and as you say, I don’t have Brix numbers until after I have scanned the cut oranges and then juiced them.  I am creating sample identifying attributes which are mandatory, and then other attributes (such as Brix) that are not mandatory, so I don’t have to put in dummy figures before hand, I just go back in and enter the figures later.  Saves some of the messing around that you are dealing with.

Ruby Boyarski
    Participant

Hi,

In one collection I tried unsuccessfully inserting values after scanning via importing meta-data (a CSV file).

Can I do it or is it unaccessible for me?

Thanks,

Ruby

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.