Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rejsharp
    Participant

Just a note of advice if you scan green leaves.
    The background is important, as the SCiO will see partially through the leaf, especially pale green ones like basil or acacia.
    I have standardised on a sheet of white paper for the moment.
    Roger.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Luis Cordova
    Participant

Try a black background, usually for the handheld versions of this spectrometer the light is in a clamp like device so no interference can get in. You may even try putting it in a box of some kind.

rejsharp
    Participant

Yes Luis, Thanks. I will try both.
    CP recommended that also, or thick white paper. It just needs to be a constant.

Luis Cordova
    Participant

I’m thinking of making a black box, once I get mine and trying that out.

rejsharp
    Participant

Luis, I have some photography blackout cloth (rubberised), I can send you a strip if you are interested.
    I used it successfully to shield scans from sunlight. It was a bit fiddly, as the cloth likes to curl up if not restrained.
    I am interested to see what the shield looks like that CP mentioned under Scanning Aids.
    Roger.

Luis Cordova
    Participant

That is ok I still haven’t received mine, I want to see the dimensions before I design something. I was also thinking of a doctor who style device. haha

Paul Hiscoe
    Participant

Roger I saw your subsequent post where you were considering using PTFE.

I just wondered if you have had a chance to try this yet and whether the results are better than with white paper?

Paul

zogtrog@yahoo.co.uk
    Participant

The other easy thing you can do is to fold the leaf over a number of times or stack several leaves together to make the leaf material thicker.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.