Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Luca
    Participant

Someone can post an example of SCIO raw spectral data from organic and inorganic materials? Thanks!!!

rejsharp
    Participant

Hello Luca, these attachments may help you.
    mfg Roger

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    rejsharp
    Participant

Notes:
    1. Bergkäse is a hard yellow cheese.
    2. The samples were scanned on different days in various indoor lighting conditions.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by rejsharp.
    sakrelaasta
    Participant

Thank you Roger,

you do a great job, here as you do in the kickstarter comments!!

I am waiting to receive my developer kit, and now I just look around what the rest of you have to offer. Your attachments give a very nice fist idea of what to expect when we also start working.

But I have a question:

Lets limit it to the grapefruit and the cheese (red and blue color). If I understand correctly you have made a number of measurements for each and that is why we see a “pack/group” of lines for each color. Does the software give you any numeric data concerning the deviation? Red line appears to have smaller deviation from blue (in the “processed graph), but do we have a number? I believe it is very important to know this information.

Thanks a lot

Nikos

rejsharp
    Participant

Hi Nikos,

The raw data seems to be a pure measure of light intensity per wavelength, so there is considerable variation depending on ambient lighting, sample distance, sample irregularity, temperature,  SCiO internals etc.

It is possible in the SDK to download these actual data, but no stats are generally available on deviation of either raw or processed scans. The models do give a reliability index.

I see that CP have just added a new processing method, but I have not tried it out yet.

best regards, Roger.

yedaoxiang@sina.com
    Participant

Why I can’t see the raw reflectance spectrum on my scio lab?

Attachments:
    yedaoxiang@sina.com
    Participant

what’s this situation?

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi,

When viewing the scans of a data collection, the preprocessing method options allow you to view your raw reflectance spectrum with different algorithms applied. These can help you identify outliers, inaccurate scans and reveal possible relationships in your data.

Note that this option will be available on SCiO’s next generation device.

Meanwhile, if you would like to get the raw reflectance spectrum with no algorithm applied, this can be done by downloading the spectrum as a CSV file.

If you are interested, please contact us at support@consumerphysics.com.

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics Team

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Ayelet.
    yedaoxiang@sina.com
    Participant

Hi Ayelet – a series of problem about SCIO,can you help me to solve? Please see the following Attachments. I contact us at support@consumerphysics.com,but I did not receive a reply.

Attachments:
    Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi yedaoxiang,

Please see the answer under ‘Stock Collections from Consumer Physics’ post.

Ayelet,

Hello:

I have two questions:

1. SCIO shows you the data in the app in absorbance? and after downloading the raw spectra, I will have this data in absorbance or reflectance.

2. What exactly means Processed, Normalized, Porcessed and Normalized, ((log R))´´ENormalize?

Thanks a lot!

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi,

The data which is shown is the reflecance spectrum – the ratio between the spectrum of the illumination source and the spectrum of the reflected signal from the scanned sample.

After downloading the raw spectra, you will have access to both the reflectance spectrum, the raw signal from the sample and the  raw signal from the illumination source.

“Processed”, “Normalized”, “Porcessed and Normalized” and “((log R))” and Normalized” are all pre-processing methods used in order to eliminate spectral and experimental issues.

When viewing the scans of a data collection, the pre-processing options allow you to view your data collection spectrum with different algorithms applied. These can help you identify outliers, inaccurate scans and reveal possible relationships in your data.

For further details please contact us at  support@consumerphysics.com.

Ayelet
    zzbnxj86@163.com
    Participant

How to download the original spectrum into a CSV file, please

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are interested in the researcher license (wish to download the raw spectrum), please contact us at support@consumerphysics.com.

Ayelet,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.