Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ale
    Participant

Hello everyone.

One of the things I am interested in developing is apps that can work where no internet connection is available. I remember discussions about this feature during the campaign, but I haven’t seen it mentioned lately, so I’ll bring it up again, with a couple hints.

It would be great having the possibility, when developing a Scio app, to have the database of  the specific “class” of matter the app is developed to scan, available immediately for the sample identification, without the user having to physically move to an area where data access is available. I am suggesting a selected database (tailored to the needs of the developed app) to be available as an offline library (or “cloud”), because I would expect the whole cloud to be useless (and huge in memory requirements) for a specific app.

This selected, tailored set of samples could be then updated when data access is available, having the possibility, if the cloud “expanded” in that specific type of samples, to re-evaluate the previously offline analysed scans.

Hope I made my ideas clear enough.

Bests

Ale

Hagai
    Keymaster

Thank you! Yes, it’s very clear.

I have passed this to our product team for prioritization.

Bob
    Participant

Has there been any update to this?  I have developed these models for pharma and would potentially be interested in doing so with this instrument but if we are tied to an active connection to the scio servers then this device is much less useful for a more technically oriented group.

Max 6552
    Participant

I am interested to build an Arduino or the like shield around SCIO sensor for offline specific applications which can be integrated into other type of devices. In this case, as mentioned in this topic, as mentioned, the data sets for comparison could reside on local mass memory. Thanks and regards. Max

Ayelet
    Keymaster

We definitely have plans for off-line use of SCiO’s models and apps (for example in the agriculture field), however the exact date is still known. We will allow off-line scanning (populating the database) with SCiOlab app in the near future.

Regards,
    Ayelet
    ConsumerPhysics
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Ayelet.
    stephen@suncrow.com
    Participant

I would also very much appreciate off-line data collection, and at minimum spectral review.  I’m planning on trying out some veterinary and geological applications, and in the back-blocks of New Zealand there is not so much internet connectivity!

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the note.

We will take it into consideration in our next versions release.

Ayelet

ConsumerPhysics

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.