Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant

I’m reading through much of the material on the developers page, and I’m wondering where exactly Consumer Physics “expects” this technology to go, say, in the 5 to 10 year range.

I understand this is very new technology in this format, so it’s quite limited, relatively speaking to something on the order of a full-sized, professional grade spectrometer. As of now it seems rather limited, and more or less a novelty item to impress friends with. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Again, where do you folks “expect” the technology to lead? Will a person one day be able to scan their inner arm and get a sugar count, or a blood alcohol count? Will a doctor be able to scan an unconscious patient and identify drugs or alcohol levels, and what type of drugs? Will an engineer be able to scan a bit of “dull” metal and get it’s chemical makeup in order to make a duplicate metal? What about parsing a corporate secret recipe in the food industry? Such as what, and how much of each ingredient exists in a particular food item by percentage?

Again, just some questions on the future of this technology. I want to purchase the developers kit, but I’m a little hesitant about it’s usefulness at this point. Though I’ve seen it scan several food items and return nutritional information, the label on the box would seem sufficient, and any nutritional information chart can give you that same info about fruits and vegetables.

Is there a good purpose for this item at it’s current level of technology?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.