Developer Terms and Conditions The Development Molecular Sensing Models Changes in the spectrum when filtering wavelength range

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    btuser1@web.de
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’ve been playing with the spectra and trying to optimize our model, when I found an oddity that I could not explain, maybe someone knows what’s happening here, I’m using the “Hard Cheese” data as my example:

I’ve set the spectra to “normalized” and found a wavelength range that I would like to use as a filter (as seen in the online guide), see picture HardCheese1.

When I enter the filter, the whole spectrum changes, especially th Y-axis, and now it doesn’t look like this wavelength range was the best for one differentiation anymore, but I should’ve rather chosen a range from 1000 to 1060 nm. (see picture HardCheese2)

Can someone help me and explain: Why did this happen an how is this affecting my model?

Thanks a lot!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by btuser1@web.de. Reason: Was not finished
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response.

Our experts will investigate this issue and I will keep you updated.

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics Team

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi,

The pre-processing methods use some calculations which are only based on the selected range (for example, it calculates the average of the spectrum). If you choose different ranges, the average will be changed – hence the Y axis values will be changed accordingly.

I hope it is more clear now.

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.