Developer Terms and Conditions The Development Hardware Bluetooth connection won't stay connected.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have a prototype SCiO (SN DF1915****J  )(**  *****) and I’m using an iPhone 6s+ OS version 9.2.1(13D15) and SCiO app version 1.2.2(146)….

I have recently (since the last time I used it, long enough to let a full battery charge dissipate into nothing) had issues keeping the bluetooth connection stable.  I charged overnight without successful changes, I have also reset the app (closed and re-opened), deleted and reinstalled the app and cycled the power on the phone.  Nothing seems to remedy the issue.  Is there a hardware reset on the scanner I don’t know about?

What are my next steps?

Thanks in advance.

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

We would like to send you the production grade SCiO which may solve the BLE connection issues you are facing with the prototype device.

We will send you additional details via e-mail.

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics Team

Solved… !

I have been using an iPhone 6S+ and keep up with the updates.  And there s the problem…  One of the ( I think 9.2 ) update messed it up.  The key piece of information I can provide is that the SCiO would connect for almost exactly 17 seconds.  I would disconnect and reconnect for 17 seconds.  Wash, rinse, repeat…

I acquired an old iPod ( v8.4 ), downloaded the app and low and behold I have a solid connection…

The day I figured this out, today, I received a production model SCiO.

Im going so see what happens when 2 SCiOs connected to different hosts are scanning at the same time.  If I scan the same spot at the same time, I think I should get the same result… wonder if I will…

:scratch:

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

Notice that the production grade SCiO has an improved hardware version. Therefore, the spectrum might look a bit different.

We recommend using the production grade SCiO in order to achieve improved accuracy.

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.