Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Charles Toepfer
    Participant

I’m interested in writing an application for identifying certain compounds in beer; humulone, isoamyl acetate, isoamyl alcohol, ethyl octanoate, phenylethyl acetate, for example.  The app could perhaps suggest styles or brands that are well suited to the users taste as information from both the user and SCiO is collected.

Hagai
    Keymaster

Most of these compounds are aromatic compounds in concentration of ppm and less.

You will be able to use SCiO to classify different brands of beer but not according to aroma/volatile compounds which are better suited for gas chromatography tests.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have regarding SCiO and the opportunities with beer.

Hagai tells the truth.

Now i work for a brewery but i have worked for 4 year in a wine laboratory with FTIR instrument (Winescan). I develop new parameters with Winescan for the wine analysis and now i want to develop new calibration curves (alchol, original extract, apparent extract, IBU) in beer with Scio. I have all the instrument for do these analysis and i have a lot of beer at my disposition so, let’s try!

Hey guys, I love this idea….I own a Microbrewery and have all the resources we would need to get great baselines.  Keep me in the loop, I want to help…Cheers

This is very interesting to me as well.

Paul Hiscoe
    Participant

We’ve developed a model that is successful in measuring Alcohol% in Vodka and are interested in extending this work to beer.

If you are interested in deploying a beer model, please contact me.

Paul

mharcene@gmail.com
    Participant

Paul, shoot me an email at mark@forca.life

ul
    Participant

Hello there, I would like to give some contribution for developing a beer model. I’m experienced brewer and software developer, so I think we can help each other. Please contact me at jankopovolny@yahoo.com.

Best regards,

Janko

bernard
    Participant

question to Paul : so it means that you developped something to measure liquids ?

can you share the device design ?

what are the R2 and the deviation for vodka measures ?

thank you

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by bernard.
    Paul Hiscoe
    Participant

We’re using a liquid accessory and getting R2 = 0.997 | RMSE = 0.642 for our Vodka model.

Gaurav Mishra
    Keymaster

@Paul Hiscoe

I am interested in buying the Liquid Accessory. Is it now available for developers?

Thanks,

Gaurav

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Gaurav Mishra.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.