Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Coop
    Participant

I have severe anaphylactic allergies to fish and nuts. Will I be able to scan cooked and raw foods to see if a common allergen is present?  Even better, have you considered a feature where you can set it for items you don’t want to eat and some kind of alarm comes up if that allergen is present?

Hagai
    Keymaster

First, please note that SCiO is NOT a medical device and should not be relied upon for medical conditions.

Since SCiO is designed to measure small portions of a sample at a time, it cannot guarantee the absence of specific molecules in your entire serving.

I think it might be able to do that, but you would literally need to scan EVERY BITE,  then it would only register if there is more than 5%..  Yes, the SCiO can detect to 1%ish but to screen false positives the cutoff between safe and death needs to be there.  But nobody can guarantee a cutoff point.  SCiO is NOT a medical device and shouldn’t be relied on for life and death problems.  Keep it light, like is this going to be a sweet grape, or tart.  But again what exactly is sweet?

NOTE:

It has been demonstrated that the closer to the equator, more spices used in food.  The closer to the poles use less spice.  The general consensus is that food spoils faster the closer you get to the equator so more spice is needed to keep the food safe.  The poles have natural refrigeration most of the year…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.