Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi there.

Has anyone tried to determine SAP in leaves?

Then also, I am looking for the following in soil

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Ca

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Mg

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Na

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>K

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>S

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Bray 1 P

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>pH

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Bulk density

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Organic Carbon

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>NO3-N

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>NH4-N

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Fe

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Cu

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Mn

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Cl

<!– [if !supportLists]–>·         <!–[endif]–>Sand, slit, clay contents

As well as the NPK content of granular fertilzers, organic coating on granular fertilizer?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Noorunisha

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi Noorunisha,
    Just wanted to confirm that you have seen our response (sent via email).
    Best regards,
    Assaf

Converte Health
    Participant

Hi, I am very interested in this as well. What is the update? Looking for partners to help with work on this.

Clayton
    Participant

I was also curious about the use of the product for soil analysis? My company deals in cleaning up contaminated site, and would have use for the things that Noorinusha mentioned plus hyrdocarbon contamination of sites.

Sean
    Participant

Will it be able to tell the difference between atom verses cation/anion molecules?  I guess could it perform the weak acid soil test equivalent?  Also, would it be able to pick up pesticide residue in a grocery store produce section?

rejsharp
    Participant

Hi Sean.
    AS I understand it SCiO can only work on the reflected NIR of the molecules that are illuminated. So estimation of elements in a complex and varying mix would not work. I cannot imagine how you would set up the reference samples.
    Pesticides are likely to be well below the 1% detection threshold. This has been a strong wish from many, but CP have repeatedly said that it is unlikely to work. I do wonder if the samples could be worked up to concentrate the surface chemicals – washed in alcohol for instance, and then the alcohol evaporated to give a “strong” solution. If accurate contamination levels were required, getting known reference samples would be tricky without access to good lab facilities. It is such an important topic that it should be investigated, even if the success likelihood looks low.

Marcelo Queiroz
    Participant

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you can share the email about the soil analysis.

And a second question: Is there any chance to improve the sensibility of Scio in a near future? I.e. It will can detect less than 1% compounds using software updates?

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi all!

Plant nutrient and soil analysis are interesting fields for SCiO which we are exploring. Specifically as it relates to the above mentioned substances, further experimentation and model development is needed. This can be done either by us or by you and other members in the developers community with our SCiO Development Kit (Devkit).

Two things should be taken into consideration when working towards an application such as the one you have suggested. First, as SCiO can only detect components in concentrations which are above 1%, some micro-nutrients will not be detectable. This requires further research. In addition, it should be noted that building the database for such an application requires access to samples and their chemical characteristics.

Improving SCiO’s accuracy is definitely on our roadmap, both software and hardware improvements are under development at the moment. This may affect SCiO capability to detect substances in lower concentrations more accurately.

Ayelet,

The ConsumerPhysics Team

ksrafiq@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi

This is an interesting area to focus on. As mentioned by Ayelet, Micro Nutrients will be difficult at this stage. However, there is a good chance that you can accurately create a model to measure the three macro elements, NPK.

Keep us posted about your progress!!

Regards and best wishes.

Kes

Purushotham@Agri
    Spectator

I am too eager to find a solution of determining some of the basic parameters such as Soil Ph, EC, Organic Matter(OC) and macro nutrients such as NPK. Look forward to hear more developments in this space.

I’m also very interested in this type of use for SCIO specially to measure nutrients (above 1%) but in liquid form. Where to start to develop a model to do this?any suggestions?

Aren’t there any public models to measure some basic features of plants to give as us users?

Ayelet
    Keymaster

Hi Joao,

There are no pubic models at the moment.

However, we can guide you through all the steps of creating your own model.

Make sure you have access to proper amount of data – as much as possible and as varied as possible. This point is critical for the success of your collections. By data we mean both spectrum and meta-data (attributes). The meta-data should be obtained from a reliable source (such as an external lab or a different measurement device).

Ayelet,

The Consumer Physics Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.